Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Pigfest--A Celebration of Pork Products

At our weekly #squirrelclub meeting today, @ZackTheMadDog and @PoesTosca were joking about starting a #baconblast or #pigparty to celebrate the wonderful PIG! Come to find out there is a loosely organized #hamclub already so we have determined that it would be mutually beneficial to combine #hamclub and #baconblast into one weekly event designed to properly celebrate anipals' love of pig products (ham, bacon, pork, etc.).

Therefore, my #pigfest co-founder @CobwebDukes and I have put up a poll to the right of this post so that you can vote on the time that #pigfest will be held each week. Please vote now to have your voice heard. Vote by October 20th. The votes are in and #Pigfest will be held each Thursday at 11 am EST. Come one, come all!

*Please note, #pigfest is a funny celebration and not meant to offend anyone's religious or other beliefs. All anipals are invited to attend each week and food items other than pig products will be served including crickets, veggies, yogurt, fish, etc. Bring it if you want it.

An ode from @Gabby_da_Tabby
Da dane he is a mighty Brute
and on occasion he does toot
But at this time lets punce & jig
and celebrate the mighty pig

Cheers for #Pigfest from @Gabby_da_Tabby
Bacon bits, ham steaks, pork chops, roast
Brutus wants to be your #pigfest host
redeye gravy even bacon beer
everyone join dis #pigfest cheer
all those porkie foods give shine to your coat
please go to his blog for da #pigfest vote

On a sidenote, I've been talking about bacon so much that mom decided to write a blog about it herself. If you would like to read it, click here!

Love, Bru

8 comments:

  1. I likes it brutus U is very smart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very tasty idea, Brutus! Sanjee loooooooves ham so I bet she's going to be all over it. *grinz* We voted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Brutus you're the best! I was the person who said #pigpawty would be cool, ooh ooh! I feel honored! I left then, though :( Seems as though ya got upta lots while I was away! ;) Sunday seems to be popular, maybe I'll bring along a Sunday roast! *drool*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brutus I luv dis Idea, we is gonna have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dr. Brutus: Twitter is down right now (or it was) when Ayla tried to log in. She is in a major pout. What can I do? Also, how can I post questions for Dr. Brutus here on your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't say that I'm a fan of the pork products. Tuna for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a lot of FUN! Are the times EDT? I.m pulling for Sunday afternoon then! Go #pigfest!

    ReplyDelete